Star Meadow Counseling is a safe place for people of all walks and perspectives. There are specific situations where people want to find a place where they can deal with their clinical issues with some level of spiritual processing and insight. We seek to provide this. Because we meet our clients where they are spiritually, counseling will look specific to each person’s needs.
FAQ about Christian Counseling
What if I am of another faith or non-religious?
What is Christian counseling?
- Christian Chat: Discuss mental health related topics within the context of a Christian community.
- Mind & Soul: Read articles and listen to podcasts that explore the connection between faith and mental health.
Christian Books with Mental Health Focus
- “The Search for Significance” by Robert McGee. If you are struggling with depression, self-blame, or feelings of worthlessness, this book offers valuable tools that will help you see yourself how God sees you, from a Christian worldview.
- “Boundaries” by Cloud & Townsend. Learn how to set kind, yet firm boundaries with those you love.
- “Safe People” by Cloud & Townsend. If you struggle with trust issues or find yourself surrounded with unhealthy relationships, this faith-based book may help you regain your sense of security and change relationship habits.
- “A Grief Observed” by C.S. Lewis. A world-renowned Christian author shares his personal experience with loss along with profound observations and lessons learned.
Star Meadow Counseling is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified counselors without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We do not require or inquire about the faith of our staff members. Rather, they may elect to opt in or out of providing this service, just as they do for the other services offered.
The following counselors have indicated that they provide Christian counseling: